It’s tagna-tagna season once again! How time flies, noh!?
A lot of VRS readers who are diehard believers in the horoscope have been asking what’s in store for them in the 2015, also known as the Year of the Wooden Sheep ( Year of the Goat or Year of the Ram), which will officially begin on Chinese New Year in February 2015.
According to astrologers and feng shui experts, the Year of the Sheep follows the tumultuous Year of the Horse and heralds a more calm atmosphere. If last year was the Horse’s year to gallop and take off, this year will be the year for contemplating and appreciating what has already been accomplished, to think about bringing goodness to others and to look for a brighter side.
Green is the lucky color of 2015. “Have a touch of color green to enhance money and luck,” says my friend- astrologer-geomancer Edward.
2015 will be a year of prosperity, luck and opportunity for many.
And as tradition is hard to break, VRS is dishing out his annual tagna-tagna (batting average is 98% every year).
Drum roll please...
• Former beauty queen Anna Maris Igpit and her Aussie football player Thomas Taylor are seriously planning to march down the aisle in May.
• Youth leader and composer Clyde Ebojo and Marjorie Robles are planning to seal their love this year. Also, Elvie Bongosia of Philippine Information Agency (PIA) and her beau will settle down this summer.
• Sorry, folks, but some of labidabs hinting at marching down the aisle may not survive the year. Right, Rebecca Lusterio and Thomas Mejiso and Alfeo Jabinez and Amy Fiel Booc? But David Maulas and Jenissa Laguda Peteros and Marianne Domivee Chatto and Haibon Lim Mapute might try (subject to further “testing”).
• Tableya Princess Dalareich Polot will remain loveless. But, she will make gold this year! Read: Ginto!
• Miss Bohol 2014 will finally (finally!!!) find a boyfriend who is romantic, confident, artistic, foreign, free spirit (aka the bad boy), intelligent/witty and considerate!
• Panglao beauties will make it big this year: Candy Cumayas will try to join another national beauty pageant, Catherine Tabaniag and Mary Rose Butalid will bring home the bacon for Panglao.
• Something “big” is in store for beauty queen Immaculada Cleofe Leopardas who will have a busy year modelling for a popular website.
• Beauty queens Geraldine Topsnik, Idy Cagas and Felisse Marie Carvajal will have colorful lovelife!
• The stork might pay Architect Junibe Froilan, Jr and Dr. April Lumuthang-Froilan (of Touch of April) a visit this year.
• Department of Agriculture administrative officer Atty. Joan Jagonos will start having morning sickness middle of the year and it will make her husband Benjie Oliva very happy. A possibility: Eden Descallar of Globe will also make her husband Mikel Ceballos very happy by breaking to him the good news that she’s “expecting”…
• It will be a healthy baby girl for Diane Uy-Yap and Atty. Wrenly Yap in February!
• Abdul Wallace and Chandrina Elluiska Schreurs-Wallace should expect the stork’s visit.
• Former beauty queen Loida Lagonoy-Viloria and her husband George Viloria will make an important announcement—a stork’s visit this year.
•Hannah Precillas’ star will shine even brighter and bigger. Ang bet natin!
• Something big for Kimpoy Mainit and Humfrey Nicasio, Marc Joseph Batoy, Danilo Torcende, Adryan Mila, Carlos Alfonso Cuerquiz and Ar-Ar dela Serna will happen this year.
• Pope Francis might visit Bohol this January 2015. Even after the schedule for the papal visit was already finalized, most Boholanos continued to pray that Pontiff will change his mind and drop by Bohol before or after visiting Leyte.
• A topnotch lawyer and (a veteran) politician will have a tearful reconciliation. All’s well that ends well.
• Another big scandal will shake the political scene, more intense that some may vacate the seats.
• A movie which will be made in Bohol will win accolades in international film festivals.
• An inspiring young model’s wholesome image will be tarnished by issues against him. Hijo, be careful!
• A prominent community organizer (CO) will be named to a government position but the appointment will be shadowed by a controversy involving the CO’s personal life.
• An inspiring young model cum young socialite might find herself experiencing morning sickness...that is, if she doesn’t take the necessary precautions.Sayang ka day kay something great things are in store for her in 2015.
• Another block time radio program will fade out. No elaboration.
• More prominent Boholanos will get entangled in senseless controversies due to their addiction to social networking.
• The wedding of a couple who announced their engagement in 2015 will either not be pushed through or will be postponed indefinitely.
• A new talent from Bohol will make name this year. The talent is one of the few Boholanos who will give honor to Bohol.
• A messenger of the word, a prominent politician, a great lawyer, an artist, an educator, will be in Summerland. (Knock on the wood!)
• Bohol will make a world headline. No elaboration.
•Beauche owner and former Carmen Mayor CheChe Toribio delos Reyes will make a final decision (to run or not to run in 2016) middle of this year.
• Before the year ends, veteran politicians in the white sandy part of Bohol will announce their intention to join next year’s election, one of them a doctor will run against his best friend.
•Unlike in previous elections, very, very few (old and veteran) politicians will dare run in 2016…blame it on the scrapped “pork”? However, towards the end of the year, more (young and inexperienced) politician will declare their intention of running in the 2016 elections. Some will do mudslinging in the last quarter of the year. But, sad to say, only a few of them will win.
The Year of the Sheep is just four days old. There is still 11 months this 2015 to watch for more surprises!
Note: As I said, these are all tagna-tagna (bunga lang sa panghunahuna) and I could be wrong, you know.
Just like Kevin Costner’s Waterworld, some towns of Bohol suffered the same fate due to tropical storm Seniang on Dec. 30, 2014.
Major areas affected were Loboc, Bilar, Cortes, Maribojoc, Loon, Inabanga, Antequera, Batuan and Balilihan. Loboc became a virtual “waterworld” though, surprisingly, it did not lose a single one of its more than 3,500 families.
Seniang left several houses destroyed and four dead.
Salute to the members of Bantay Bayan-Bohol and Guardians headed by Jun “Alerto” Gutierrez and members of the Bohol Paddlers Association headed by Dominic Borja Aparicio for being on hand to help during the flood in Loboc town. The Rotary Club of Tagbilaran headed by Tagbilaran Councilor Nerio "Butchie" Zamora III and members of JCI-Chocolate Hills headed by its president Mayelle Hubac with Dr. Janice Aurora Tirol, Ph.D. were there to distribute relief goods in flood areas in Loboc. Special mention to Miss Bohol 2014 Queenie Melody Fullante whose presence gave assurance to people that everything would be fine.
2014 was a year of man-made and natural disasters but despite everything, Boholanos ended the year with the spirit of Thanksgiving. It exemplifies the resilience of Boholanos to face great challenges and go on living with magnanimous faith.
Thanks for your letters, all will be answered. Comments welcome at email@example.com, follow leoudtohan at Twitter /Facebook.